Monday, January 16, 2012

new beginnings

cracking open a brand new journal...clean pages just waiting to be filled with life's experiences and moments of growth.  completely void of erased words or crossed out thoughts.  my personal record of life.  a composition in the works. 

i have journaled, dating back to my junior high years.  i have journals that i poured my feelings into from middle school--heaven help us--those are a bit embarassing to revisit!  i have journals from highschool and college that earmark big events in my life, some great and some of pain and searching.  i have journaled throughout my almost 12 years of marriage, recording joys i don't wish to forget as well as challenges that needed divine direction. 

if you were to read each entry there would be a common theme.  even though the junior high journals are littered with which boy i had a crush on, the music i liked, and things i hoped for, there were paragraphs and sentences reaching out to God in my search to know Him better.  those were the early years of beginning to understand more about Him and i often used my journal entries to talk to Him.  in highschool, for sure i wrote about similair things---boys, school, youth group.  i also journaled about trusting God and growing my faith in Him, and my writing was theraputic as i poured out my heart to the Lord.  in college, i journaled on and off through different seasons of my life.  i wrote through times of painful growth that i felt would kill me, and i rejoiced through recording moments of God's provision and protection.  in my years of marriage i journaled about new experiences--day to day life as a married couple, having children and needing wisdom in raising them.  you would find entries about wanting to have a fourth baby and how my husband and i prayed about and investigated adoption.  there are entries about needing to trust God for His direction, provision, and healing.  there are praises to God in His blessings and answers to our prayers. 

in similair fashion i want to continue to record my life's events and things i am learning, if only for my kids to read someday.  my walk with God is an ongoing journey, ever changing and evolving.  with the use of blogging i plan to share my heart hopefully it will be an encouragement to someone, even if my husband and parents are the only ones who read this!:) 

if you choose to tune in, welcome! 

No comments:

Post a Comment